Call for Doctoral Consortium Participants
The ICB 2015 organizing committee is seeking candidates for the Doctoral Consortium that will be held in conjunction with ICB 2015 in Phuket, Thailand. Eligible candidates include (a) PhD students who will be graduating soon, and (b) researchers who have recently completed their PhD program (after April 2014).
The Doctoral Consortium (DC) is a networking event that will offer motivated researchers an opportunity to interact, receive mentoring, and discuss employment opportunities with senior researchers (mentors) in academia and industry.
The DC event will consist of a poster presentation and a luncheon. The poster session will take place on May 20 and the luncheon will take place on May 21. Prizes will be awarded to the best poster based on mentor voting. The luncheon will include a panel discussion in which students may ask questions and seek advice from the mentors.
Researchers interested in participating in the doctoral consortium should submit an application to the DC chairs with the following information:
- Name, university, department, and name of advisor.
- Copy of the researcher’s curriculum vitae.
- PhD graduation date or expected graduation date.
- A one-page statement discussing the researcher’s career goals and indicating whether she/he is seeking a career in academia or industry (this will help in mentor selection).
- Copy of a peer-reviewed and published paper in which the researcher is the first author.
DC participants will be selected based on the strength of their application. Successful applicants are expected to participate in all DC events. Note that DC participants should inform the chairs in advance if they cannot attend the conference for any valid reason.
Limited financial support will be provided for researchers who are selected to the Doctoral Consortium. At this time, the number and size of actual offers of financial support are contingent upon available funds.
- Application deadline: March 15, 2015
- Notification deadline: March 18, 2015
Bernadette Dorizzi, Télécom SudParis, France
Arun Ross, Michigan State University, USA